Thor Fridriksson, CEO of Plain Vanilla pointed out this week that 5 of the most sold games on the app store were from Nordic gaming companies.
1. Quizup – Plain Vanilla (Iceland)
2. Candy Crush – King (Sweden)
3. Angry Birds Go – Rovia (Finland)
4. Angry Birds Star Wars II – Rovio (Finland)
5. Clash of Clans – Supercell (Finland)
This is an awesome result for Nordic Startups battling in this highly competitive market. Are the entrepreneurial ecosystems adapting to this new reality of the Nordic countries as a leading region for gaming? Is the education system up to speed? Exciting times ahead.